Thursday, February 2, 2012

January in Review

The last 3 weeks have gone quickly. In the last half of the month, I "moved" to D.C. (in case you've completely missed the last few weeks), started my classes, worked 10 days, and explored...sorta. I have also turned in one paper, almost finished another, and set up one community service opportunity (6 hours out of 12). I have cooked for myself, including spaghetti, french toast, mac and cheese from scratch, lemon chicken, biscuits, buttered noodles, quesadillas, soup (with and without chicken), and PB&Js. I figured out a dishwasher, a washing machine, and a dryer. I toured the Capitol (for the 3rd time) and the Supreme Court. I visited a homeless shelter. I attended a protest and a House committee hearing.

Three weeks is not a lot of time but apparently I have managed to fit a lot in. It's been fun but also tiring. Work is not too strenuous. Class is not too different than I'm used to. Field trips are always fun. The nicest thing about all of this is the weather. Instead of normal winter here, where snow and sleet is not too uncommon, it has almost constantly been in the 40s, 50s, or 60s. All of this is definitely better than normal Minnesota/South Dakota winters (not that this winter is normal).

In the next 11 weeks, I have so much more to do--work, class, field trips, community service, and other social outings. I am excited for everything. There are some things that will be better than others: field trips over waking up at 5:45.

Pictures of my cinnamon french toast and mac and cheese:

No comments:

Post a Comment