Saturday, June 30, 2018

Summer in the City

Hello all! It has been a super long time since I've posted. Life has gotten away from me a bit these last few months. I've not been doing much except working. I took a two week vacation at the beginning of May, which was wonderful. Other than that, I've been trying to figure out what's next. It's not an easy question to answer.

In the meantime, I thought I'd put up some pics from my vacation.


This is the official headwaters of the Mississippi River in Minnesota--where Lake Itasca turns becomes the mighty Mississippi. It was my first time there. There are very few places that make me think I could be and outdoorsy person. This is one of them.


It was rather brisk when we were at Lake Itasca, but, of course, I had to cross the Mississippi by foot when I was there. It was excellent. I recommend it for everyone.


Lake Itasca is quite beautiful, in my completely unbiased opinion.


The Supreme Court in the morning is radiant.


DC is full of museums, sometimes you get to a shot like this.


President Obama's official portrait.


Golden Hour at Nationals Park. Home is where the baseball is.

One of my best friends sent me this quality life advice: "Live in the moment. Unless you don't like the moment in which case eat biscuits."

Speaking of best friends and home, in just over a month, I will be returning Home (2nd Home, but Home nonetheless)! I will be back in York for a week for the wedding of two of my best friends. It's been more than three and a half years since I was last there, and since I've last seen all but one of my friends there. Surely a good time will have been had by all. If I can make it through the next 33 days of DC heat, I will be Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment