Thursday, November 21, 2013

Weeks 7 & 8

So, I realize that I didn't blog last week, but not a lot happened. Mostly I've been reading and writing. I've turned in both my formative essays (drafts basically). I feel pretty good about them. I have to rework my Public History one to turn in by December 6th but I don't think that will be too hard. My final essay for my evolution class isn't due until January, which is nice.

I've been going out with my course group and that's always a lot of fun. Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days because they have the most stuff. The rest of the week I spend most of my time reading or watching TV. Wednesdays have class and course pub night. Thursdays have free cake, CaSSoc and then drinks with CaSSoc. I've also gotten involved with a choir for Mass. It's fun, but sometimes a little intimidating because the last time I was in an actual choir was the 6th grade. We are singing in Mass for the first time this Sunday (luckily though, we have to sing mostly stuff the rest of the people can sing too).

Because I know it is of supreme interest to all of you, recently I finished watching The West Wing. I highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys politics (although it has a very liberal bias) or fast talking or good dialogue. Surprisingly, I've met quite a few people here who really love the show... obviously not something I expected. Last Wednesday when I was out with the public history people, I had a good discussion about it. And for the last two Thursdays I've talked to people about it. The best part is the people who have no idea what the show is or what it's about. I realize this was a bit of a tangent, but it's an update on my life.

Also, pictures, although not many.
 Guy Fawkes Night fireworks over the lake.
 Fireworks over the Wentworth building.
Sunset over the lake and the Wentworth building, from my room.
A beautiful rainbow over Wentworth, from my room.
The university recently put up these signs, but there isn't much need for grit (aka crappy salt/sand mix) nor do they use it well.
The contents of my most recent box! Mittens and a scarf, allergy pills, twist ties, post-its, candy corn and pumpkins. And for some reason a print of a picture of myself (I like it, but I really sent it to my dad so he could get a print for his desk).

I'll try to update in a more timely fashion! Next week I'm having American Thanksgiving with some of my friends so I'll try to snap some pictures then and also when I'm in town of the Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment