Sunday, August 25, 2013

Logistics

Since my last post, I have finished a lot of logistical stuff.

I got the paperwork on my loan-- actual mail from England.

I got my visa! And uploaded a copy to York. Once I get there, I have to present it to them (so they can photocopy it I presume). That was pretty exciting :)

Yesterday, I booked my plane ticket. So now I am actually leaving. Like I have a time and stuff. I'm leaving 27 September from MSP around 3. After a stop in Chicago, I will get to Manchester, England, around 8am on 28 September. Yay! After that, I have booked a spot on a shuttle thingy from Manchester to York.

I also sent a form to the postgraduate history department adviser for what classes I would like to take for my optional modules in fall and spring. He is out of the office until 2 September so I won't know really what class I'm taking until after that. Two of my three are mandatory, the third is optional.

Now all I need is luggage, to pack, figure out a cell phone, money, and all the little things  that never seem like you need to pay attention to until... well, now.

Just over a month till I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment