Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Search is over!

That's right folks! I got into grad school!!!! The University of York accepted me (conditional of me finishing with above a 3.0 GPA) to the Public History program! Oh yes, yesterday was happy! The story is pretty great too (if I do say so myself). I had my alarm set for 7 am on Tuesday to go with a friend to the doctor... and forgot to set it back to 9 am. So, 7 am yesterday I wake up and am super confused. After I realize I forgot to change my alarm, I saw I had an email. I had to read the first sentence like 4 times.... the first because my eyes were bleary. But once I comprehended it, all I could say was "oh my God" like 4 times. Pretty sure I scared my roommate (who was asleep) because I already started to cry. After I told her, I called my dad, and scared him because I was full out crying. Then I called my mom and went online and accepted the offer. Then I was up for the day.

Bummer on the lack of sleep, but I couldn't really concentrate so... whatever. I had a good reason. And because it's J-term and I only have one class a day, I didn't have really anything to distract me. I would focus for a while then think "holy crap" and freak out a bit in my head. It's still surreal and is in the process of hitting me. I can't believe it! So happy :D

I guess that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment